Friday, June 18, 2010

En-ger-land

*Yawns* That's 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back...

I give full credit to the Algerian team for standing up and claiming a point off the English. Maybe because they know I was rooting for them haha.

I think the best bits of the night was probably the quote-worthy lines from TV pundits and critics...

"England maintained their unbeaten record."

"We'll try to have a positive analysis of the game right after the break. But let me warn you, it may not be possible."

(Journalist to Stevie G) "What was lacking in England's game tonight?"
(Stevie G) "Goals."

(Patrick Viera of France) "We drew two games in the opening stages and we still got ourselves to the finals. England could still qualify, like we did in 2006."
(Adrian Chiles) "I'm glad you're on board, Patrick."

No comments: