Tuesday, January 01, 2013

The Year After 2012

Listening to: ""Que Sera Sera"
"The future is not ours to see, que sera sera"

So, it's now 2013.

Please don't ask me how!

12 months. 52 weeks, 366 days. Time waits for no one. Blink and you'll miss it. There's my take on how we got here.

2012 has been an eventful year. Good? Well, it definitely wasn't bad. I'm not being pessimistic but 
I never liked the idea of over-enthusing about the year just passed, I rather keep my energy for the year that's ahead. I cherished the experiences I've had in 2012 but it's time to move on.

***

I decided to use the first day of the year to "renew" some friendships. It's nice to drop a line to remind friends that you do still think of them (despite the lack of communication over the weeks, months and years past). Sometimes it's just a selfish way of saying "hey, don't forget to remember me".

Either way, I spent a couple of hours exchanging texts and WhatsApp messages, through which I got to know that a primary school mate got engaged (congratulations H!), a University mate is now doing her MBA (good going N!), and an ex-colleague isn't doing too well (take care M). Well wishes were sent and received; we're all hopeful for good tidings in 2013.

***

Now for my New Year Resolutions...

Gonna keep it simple this year. My 2013 NYR will be to...make a change.

That, and finish my rubik's cube :)


Wish me luck!



No comments: