Thursday, September 13, 2007

(Leaving) Home

Alas, my 45 day summer holidays at home has come to an end...

No emoticon or words could illustrate how sad I am at the prospects of leaving the comforts of family company, good food, nostalgic catching-ups, and human-friendly temperatures...

I'm going back to the UK rather early this year as I am anticipating a few interviews for hospital training jobs, but so far there's only one, and that's all the way in High Wycombe which is in Buckhinghamshire. Will update y'all on that when I have more good news.

I came across this question in a book some time ago - what is the meaning of life?

It's a good thing I've not been asked that in the face before, as I ain't got a clue. Or rather, I've never really sat down and think about something as blank-cheque as that (too busy enjoying myself haha?). Nonetheless, I've been prompted - and inspired - by certain things of late to be more reflective and inquisitive.

I'm not saying this is it, as it'll indefinitely be refined along the journey, but for now here's my take on that...

I think life is about having hope. It's about finding and seeking the good in trying times, and remembering that nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

Heartiest thanks to the TAN family for all the TLC they've showered me with! To all with whom I have met up in the course of the last 6 weeks, thank you for the good (and food) times. Do keep in touch and I look forward to the next time we see each other again!

With best wishes...XXX

p/s: Will update my blog once I've properly settled down in Cardiff...I know I owe you lot some pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, sorry for the trouble the other day - u and ur whole family had to wait for me to get thru the jam! Thank you for lending me the scarf and brooch! Had my bro fixed the loosen thing back. Hope you like the keychain. Be careful with it will ya? Gave one to my fren and he broke it two days later.

Anyway, all the best in ur final year. Hope to see you again this time next year! Cheers. HUGS.