Monday, April 14, 2008

Arsenal HANDed the win to MU

That's the way I see it.

No, I'm not being a sour grape or a sore loser. It's easy to call me that considering my team have lost, but believe me, it's not that.

You have to agree that Arsenal was the better team, overall. They had possession, passed neat balls, created chances, played with flair. But none of those mattered because at the end of the day, it's the score that determines things. Not stats, playing style or strategy, which were collectively in favour of the Gunners.

2-1 is not a true reflection of the game. I will still congratulate MU over the win no doubt, but the Devils better not push it too far by saying it was a deserving victory.

Because it's not.

Nonetheless, I salute Hargreaves for his stunning free kick (I wonder if he's been taking lessons from Becks lately =P). I give credit to Ronaldo for letting Hargreaves take the free kick (not bad from someone who's been branded selfish by his manager before). I am impressed with the Gunners' esprit de corp in tough times and here's hoping we'll see more of that in the next season and beyond.

Righteo, now that I've made my peace / piece, I'm off :)

No comments: