Monday, November 26, 2007

Impression@ble

I know I shouldn't be judging people by their email manners.

But that I do.

All the time.

*frowns*

It's murderous, I agree. It's just wrong to think more highly (or lowly) of people based on the that. But at the same time it's hard to not like a person more when they write you nice emails.

:)

Haha, caught ya speculating. It's not what you think! And there's no pretty boy involved. I swear!

Okay, stop all the pestering, dear KPCs. It's just my groupmate lah. Partner in crime for our VPL project. See, he's this super berat mulut guy. Who doesn't say a word during meetings. Absolute silence. Unless he's forced to speak, he would remain silent until the end of time. How someone can be so wood-like and log-gy I just don't know.

I know some people would say they prefer this type of co-worker to a chatterbox who talks non-stop. But it can be quite tricky communicating with the former too you know, especially when you're trying to work together for the project.

I tried. God knows how hard I tried. Trying to chat him up so that he can warm to me (oi, I already said it's not what you think!). I thought that would make him want to talk more and contribute his ideas more. To be fair, it's not like he's a no-show. He's always there for meetings and does contribute a bit (er, peace and serenity [which comes from his silence] is the only thing I can think of unfortunately). And most of all, he's smart. He's got the BRAINS. But we just can't put his intelligence to good use because he's so tight-lipped all the time!

It came to a point where I was starting to dislike him. You would too if you've tried so hard to get him to (and I'm not trying to sound like a dentist) OPEN HIS BLOODY MOUTH when all he's willing to muster are one liners.

Very good.

Oh, I gave up.

Then last week, we were supposed to meet and discuss our section of the presentation, and for some untimely miscues, we missed each other and didn't meet in the end. I thought with his kind of attitude, he would just not say a word and let it pass. But no. He wrote me a (sweet) email apologising for our failure to meet!

Awww...there Munny goes again...

Ok fine, it's not like he OPENED his mouth and uttered those words but at least it was something.

That was last Wed. On Friday, we met up for good and completed our task. I emailed him the slides to have a look and he replied back saying he thought it was ok. He even thanked me for being more organised than him and wished me a good weekend!

I can't believe I've changed my impression of him after this brief exchange of emails!

Seriously, what am I like?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The small things that ppl can do for others everyday, is priceless. :)

Joyce

Anonymous said...

You're just being human man, I'da come to the same conclusion also - it's normal. First impressions are very important for this reason.

Tony Chow said...

well, there you go, you've discovered a way to communicate with him! :P

Anonymous said...

... wei you sound as if you are love struck mun!

hop over to my blog to see who is more "hao" (as in cantonese punya hao) - u or me? But I am sure mine is more handsome than urs. lol.

come quick and make a decision!

Sookie said...

THE question is:

WHO is this groupmate???

And NO, I do NOT know WHY you had such a good 22nd (apart from us sad bunch going over) as you implied I did in your Flesch score email to me.

Now tell me, does this 'groupmate' have anything to do with it? ;]

Munny said...

Dear Sookie: What do you mean you don't know WHY!!! OMG. You guys lah, for the surprise!

!!!

As for this groupmate, if I say pharmacology, enough of a hint ar? Part of your so-called alpha male group...

(shit I hope this don't get to him imagine the embarrassment)

Dear XY: Course I'm not lovestruck. I like guys who TALK. Although I also like shy guys. Man I need to make up my mind someday...but that's the beauty about being single right, you can like all sorts!

Sookie said...

hmmm!!! i actually don't know what each and every one of them does-lah! but i shall certainly discover on VPL presentation day :)