Friday, November 16, 2007

Another 1 down, 4 more to go...

Downtown (Petula Clark)
"When you're alone, and life is making you lonely, you can always go downtown"

I finished week 7 of semester 1 today.

It has been a whirlwind week.

Relieved? You bet.

To quote Mr New Kid on the Block himself - who I deliberately sat next to in room 0.07 this morning (hehe) - it's Friday!

Sigh, a pal of mine is off to Norwich for the weekend to see her boyfriend. That's her reward for working her butt off in the last 5 hectic days.

For those of us unlucky enough to have such distractions, eherm, we just have to find other things to distract ourselves... =P

I went to town in the afternoon. Just had to get out after adopting the robotic "going to uni and back to my room" routine for the last few days. Literally saw no other people in the entire world except my coursemates and lecturers. How sad!

And I've been so caught up I hadn't realised that Winter Wonderland is already up and running.

It's an annual thing, this Winter Wonderland. A family-oriented mini carnival fun-fare enterprise to usher the advent of winter (or rather, stave off the advent of winter depression =P).

As I was trotting down King Edward Avenue and walking pass City Hall where Winter Wonderland is held, my mind rewound back to the time when a few mates and I went to our first Winter Wonderland. I remember us having tonnes of fun taking silly pictures up at the ferris wheel, on one hand trying our hang on to our seat, and on the other, fighting hard to be in the centre of attention in front of the camera!

Ahh, those good old days...

...was 4 years ago. Dear me.

Cardiff City Centre looked more pleasant this evening than I ever remember it to be. I reckon it's the Christmas deco and lights that gave it some much needed cheer this time of the year...

Read a touching book lately, called Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. It is about a diary written by a mother to her son, right from the early days of his conception. As you can imagine, it is full of bliss and mirth and heart-stirring stuff. It certainly did insinuate a lot of broodiness in me!

Here's one of the many quotes from the book that I found inspiring. Hopefully you will find it breathtaking too ...

"Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling 5 balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. One day, you will finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls - family, health, friends and integrity - are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you understand the lesson of the 5 balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.

Remember the 5 balls Nicky, always remember the 5 balls."

Yes, I said one.

Last one :)

"Good memories are like charms, Nicky. Each is special. You collect them, one by one, until the day you look back and discover they make a long colourful bracelet."

Aww...

No comments: