Saturday, February 03, 2007

What's bad?

Went for a 20min break (in between lectures) this morning and bumped into Val, my American coursemate.

"Hey, how you doin'?"

I'm not the type of person who says "fine, thank you" without actually meaning it. So I said what I really felt.

"Haha Val, not good. Not very good."

He twitched his eyebrows, slowed his steps down the stairs, and gave me a quizzical look and said, "Why, what's bad?"

I reacted the same way he reacted - eyebrow twitching, pace-slowing, puzzled-looking.

What's bad?

I don't know!

So stunned and caught off guard was I that I only managed to shrug my shoulders and said something lame like, "Erm, nah, see you later" without actually answering his question.

For the first time it has dawned on me that although life sucks at the mo, there's nothing bad about it. Absolutely nothing. I could be in a state worse than the one I'm in right now, so really, what's bad, Miss Tan?

Just count your blessings and be grateful that you're still alive and kicking to enjoy so many good and simple things in life.

No comments: